This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
25 Nov 2019
Full-Time Purchaser / Buyer
Our client is a performance-driven, high quality, advanced technology contract machining company. They specialize in the design, engineering, programming, fabrication, and manufacturing of complex, close tolerance parts, assemblies and tooling. Committed to a Lean Philosophy, they are a growing organization committed to helping their customers achieve competitive excellence and business growth.
We are looking for a Buyer / Purchaser who can handle multiple responsibilities within our Quotation Department while also supporting our Purchasing and Subcontracting Department.
- Must be hands-on and have the ability to read blueprints and specifications in order to purchase raw material and commercial items
- Should have familiarity with subcontracted services such as Heat Treatment, Special Coatings, Non-Destructive Testing
- Ability to handle other aspects of purchasing to include plant and machinery suppliers, maintenance and repair
- Must be able to negotiate with suppliers to obtain quality products with the best pricing and on-time delivery
- Need to understand purchasing in an ISO 9001 environment
- Must have 3-5 years experience in manufacturing purchasing
- Bachelors or a 2-year technical degree is a plus
- Ability to review systems and lead major initiatives to support improvements in the Purchasing Department
- Understanding of Manufacturing and ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications
- Prepare Requests for Quote Packages, Purchase Requisitions, and Purchase Orders
- Research and cultivate new supplier relationships to support quality and production goals
- Evaluate supplier bids to validate compliance with bid and proposal requests
- Ability to negotiate contracts, vendor terms and conditions
- Track and expedite all orders to ensure timely delivery so the production schedule is maintained
- Have a basic understanding of government contracts regarding FARS and DFARs as it relates to purchasing requirements
- AS400 experience a plus
- MS Excel, Word, required– Outlook Calendar, Access, Sharepoint experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US and local to Cincinnati.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY! Review the full job description and click “Apply Now” to submit your resume: https://k7y.pl/s/fKNqi?utm_source=OhioWorks-purchaser-buyer-cincinnati-oh-msl If you are a good match the interviewing recruiter will contact you directly. Due to the number of applicants we receive, you will not receive a response if there is not a good fit, however, we will keep your resume so we can share future matching opportunities with you. Your resume is kept confidential.
136 total views, 2 today