Full-Time Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Caregivers 12.50-14.50 per hour
Caregiving is a labor of companionship and love that requires the right person and a big heart. At Minamyer Residential Care Services in Columbus, Ohio, you will be at the center of what we do best, which is caring for consumers in their homes.
If you are looking for a position where you can truly make a difference in the overall well-being of someone else, we would like to speak with you about joining our team.
Minamyer Residential Care Services has an excellent reputation in the Columbus, Ohio and surrounding area for providing quality care and meeting the highest level of service requirements in the industry.
- Excellent and very competitive wages in the care giving field
- Paid training, including CPR and first aid
- Onsite shadowing and optional cross training
- Holiday pay (time and a half)
- Paid time off, regardless of position
- Performance incentives
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- 401(k) retirement benefits
- Health/Dental/Life Insurance benefits for 30 hour a week or more FT employee
- $1.00 per hour Compentency and Longevity add on if applicable
- Co-workers that take pride in what they do
We are currently seeking individuals to work with our team as DSP’s and Home Managers within our company.
- Ensure the health and safety of our consumers
- Administer medications
- Cook healthy meals, as instructed by a doctor
- Maintain a clean home by helping with daily chores and sometimes deep cleaning, when necessary
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as: brushing teeth, showering, helping with dressing, etc.
- Plan and implement activities
- Transport consumers to activities they have planned or have requested in your personal vehicle, including medical appointments and meetings
- Document your shift as outlined below:
- Accurate mileage of any trips taken
- Homemaker personal care (HPC) activities completed during the shift
- Provider logs
- Behavior documentation
- Incident reports
- Communication logs
- Various logs that may be required by medical professionals, behavior specialists, etc.
- Communicate with co-workers and home managers about concerns or activities completed/need completed throughout the shift
- Maintain required certifications and training (recertification classes offered)
- Monitor medical needs of the individual(s)
- Provide emergency care, as needed
- Provide behavioral intervention, as needed
- Serve as a role model of appropriate behavior and social skills in the home and the community
- Conduct additional services requested by our consumer or their service team that may improve their quality of life, health and safety
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license with 5 points or less
- Must have criminal record that qualifies you for developmental disability employment, based on the Ohio Revised Code
- At least one year working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred but not required
- Experience working with individual service plans (ISPs) or behavior support plans (BSPs) preferred but not required
- Must adhere to the traits described above