Full-Time Senior Systems Engineer – Cleveland,OH
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with a strong focus on global infrastructure platform delivery, including the following: Maintaining existing compute, storage, and virtualization platforms, defining and maintaining system change management policies and programs, and planning and implementing process-improvement and automation techniques for the same systems. This position plans, deploys, and manages the installation and configuration of custom software and services related to compute, storage and VMware within the enterprise. This position will also focus on providing technical solutions and support to a team of system Engineers and Administrators focusing on private cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Must be able to create full configuration management driven systems, execute life-cycle service models, and ensure integration with other systems works as designed.
- Proficiency in documentation is a must for existing and newly deployed configuration management solutions.
- Ability to provide complex troubleshooting /support within all levels of organization.
- Apply ITIL practices to support new and existing infrastructure deployments.
This is an amazing company to work with and includes Great Company Perks!
Benefits include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Pension Plan (after only 6 months!) and a 401K (matched 6% dollar for dollar -effective after 1 full month). You also have the opportunity for continued advancement within the company!
• 5+ years IT experience
• 3+ years designing and deploying VMware based systems.
• Direct experience deploying Storage and/or backup based technologies with one or more storage vendors such as EMC, NetApp, Hitachi, HP, Pure, etc.
• Detailed experience deploying and maintaining SAN, NAS, NFS, FC, iSCSI technologies.
• Experience automating tasks associated with technical specialties using REST, PowerShell, Python, Jenkins, and/or Ansible.
• Experience with Block, File, and Object storage.
• Experience implementing Infrastructure technologies (VMware, Cisco UCS & HP Blades, Dell/EMC)
• 2+ Years designing and deploying servers and server management services (UCS Central, Dell OME)
• 2+ Years troubleshooting experience with multiple technologies / platforms.
• Experience automating / orchestrating VMware / Storage administration tasks using REST, PowerShell, and/or Python based services.
• Software development experience.
• Working knowledge of advanced networking technologies (subnetting, firewalls, trunks, VPC, DMZ, OTV)
• Working knowledge of Linux technologies (Oracle clustering and ASM).
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
o Software defined storage
o SAN infrastructure management
o DR-based technologies (SRDF, SRM, Zerto, Metro-storage)
o Private/public cloud
o Linux containers
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
How to ApplyClick to Apply
45 total views, 1 today