Great opportunity for a Sales Professional in the Midwest. The Following is the job description for the ideal candidate.
|Function: This position is responsible to generate sales through new and existing customers. The Sales Professional role will be to increase market share while promoting and marketing all products distributed by the company through targeted markets in a manner to understand and meet customer’s expectations. The Sales Professional is a polished professional who promotes and contributes to the overall profitability of the company.
|Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSales Related Activities:
- Responsible to continually increase sales and market share while contributing to the overall profitability of the company. Tools to expand client base should include but are not limited to relevant “near me” technology applications, industry/trade publications, trade shows, customer referrals and overall awareness of changes in the designated territory.
- Responsible to build and promote a positive rapport with all the customers in all capacities; opportunities, customer issues, challenges and questions and responses required in a timely and professional manner.
- Responsible to be prepared in all sales/business meetings and presentations as per the company Sales process.
- Responsible for learning and becoming familiar with all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Aid the company’s targeted inventory metrics by promoting clear outs and slow moving items, on a regular basis.
- Ability to manage selling opportunities and follow through on them while applying up-selling and cross selling techniques as well as SPIN selling methods and skills.
- Provide customers with product knowledge throughout the sale, which should include but are not limited to new and discontinued items, specifications, cleaning & FR codes, trends, price, durability and suitability for all applicable applications.
- Responsible to learn and share product knowledge on all new & existing product lines while understanding competitive products offered by competitors in the marketplace.
- Negotiate Pricing: Standard pricing, price levels and contract pricing to promote sales and profitability.
- Maximize sales while keeping expenses to a minimum (within budget guidelines).
- Ability to manage and maintain proper planning procedures and execute all in-call objectives and priorities.
- Participate in required trade shows to promote product lines and the company in a professional and polished manner.
- Responsible to maintain customer sample books which would include introducing and presenting new patterns, removal of cancelled patterns, keeping up to date pricing and overall sample presentation in an appealing manner.
- Responsible to provide training for customer’s sales staff in order to improve confidence in promoting and selling the company product line.
- Responsible to plan and execute a well-balanced call cycle to ensure full territory management. Successful coverage should consider size of account (Classification A,B,C) buying habits and competition. Must maintain a minimum of 6 to 8 week call rotations and a daily average of 6 to 10 calls per day.
- Ability to manage and allot time appropriately and accordingly to the Sales Professionals assigned territory and key accounts.
- Responsible to pursue and maintain on-going training opportunities that will enhance the sales reps ability to sell and remain competitive in the marketplace.
Business Acumen Responsibilities:
- Acceptance and fulfillment of work assignments and the ability to demonstrate leadership behaviors that help the company become irreplaceable in our target markets.
- Ability to build relationships with our customers and to understand and meet their expectations.
- Business Planning – Ability to create and modify the Sales Professional’s business plan for greater efficiency and success.
- Ability to organize and report information in CRM (when our new ERP goes live).
- Responsible to complete and submit reports to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Yearly Reports: Provide proposed yearly schedule outlining call cycle territory coverage objectives.
- Participate in annual sales budget.
- Weekly: Activity Report and Key Account Profiles and updates (WAR and KAP).
- Weekly Reports: Sample placements within territory and relocation of all sample presentations – Submit to Sales Support and post on shared drive.
- MMIR Reports – Submit by the 15th of each month (including reports as required)
- Responsible to participate in planning sample allotment for direct shipping to customers.
- Complete annual sample inventory of sample storage facility.
- Responsible to qualify potential customers and set up new accounts, collect required credit information and complete credit application and forward to office.
- Responsible to assist Credit Department in collecting outstanding accounts in a timely and professional manner.
- Submit any and all funds collected within a 2 – business day turnaround time directly to the company’s corporate account.
- Inform the Credit Department of any and all developments that may affect the customer’s ability to pay in a timely and professional manner.
|Communicates With: Customers, Regional Sales Manager, VP of Sales & Marketing, All functional areas and other Sales Professionals.
|Personal Characteristics required:
- Open – minded and adaptive to change.
- Professional with a business development focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and goal oriented.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Committed to building rapport and trusting relationships.
- Strong ability to build, maintain and support the company brand.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, must have the ability to do presentations.
- Highly self-motivated and pro-active – ability to work independently.
- Curious and interested to learn the customer’s business and to understand issues and opportunities.
- Adaptable and ability to contribute ideas for improved performance and processes.
- Ability to maximize on selling opportunities.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education.
- Preferred secondary education in Sales or Marketing
- Basic Computer skills including e-mail (preferably Outlook), Word and Excel.
- 3 -5 Years sales/marketing experience, preferable as field representative.
- Home/vehicle office.
- Responsible to maintain personal vehicle in working order.
- Travel required.
- Variable hours of work.
- Professional business casual attire that promotes a positive image of the company
- Michigan, Ohio, Northeast and Central Indiana
How to Apply
Please apply directly at https://www.gablessearch.com/jobs/#!/27b52e76-dc6c-479e-9b6b-afbd0cc31c00/detail
or send resume via email.
117 total views, 1 today