Full-Time Oracle Database Support Manager (EBS) – Cleveland,OH – Relocation Paid!
The Database Support Manager is responsible for managing the eBusiness Suite (EBS) support function of the Database Administration team. In addition to performing supervisory functions, the role includes responsibility for assisting with systems management and administration, evaluating production and non-production issues (including presenting options for remediation), and working through other key support functions as required.
The incumbent will work with development teams, DBA, and infrastructure teams to ensure that The Company’s usage of Oracle is always optimal and that the available tools and technologies are identified and used appropriately.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develop and maintain technology, business, and financial metrics that are communicated to business and IT leadership as a mechanism for reviewing value for services provided.
- Establish standards for the technology including identification of appropriate uses for all options within the Oracle eBusiness Suite technology stack.
- Compile and recommend wants/needs for the annual budgeting process in Database technologies and prepare presentation to senior IT management.
- Ability to effectively manage others to achieve results.
- Organize, plan, coordinate, and schedule maintenance and life cycle activities.
- Engage team in effort to standardize technologies, processes, procedures, and guidelines for Database Administration, and communicate and publish to business groups across the company.
- Determine staffing and skills requirements.
- Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues.
- Ability to drive change.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Participate in regional and worldwide projects (deployments).
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to successfully accomplish a project.
- Provide technical specifications for application enhancements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on Oracle products, tools, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Work closely with functional departments, technical teams, and project sponsors to make sure technology solutions meet business objectives.
- Utilize governance processes to prioritize and define work to be accomplished. Publish work plans at least quarterly with high level objectives looking forward one year.
- Develop and implement plans for project definition, justification, and linkage to business objectives as well as successful execution of projects. Evaluate and propose new and emerging technologies and/or business processes.
- Monitor the systems development activities as they relate to the Oracle EBS development effort.
- Perform quality assurance & design review functions for all projects where the technology will be utilized.
- Work with Developers, System and Network administrators in a multinational environment to support and improve system performance and stability.
- Provide regular, clear, and consistent communication (written and oral) on the status of projects, issues, and deliverables to representatives from the customer/vendor.
- Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters.
- Work with vendor technical support to facilitate analysis of and resolution to technical issues.
- Conduct activities like staffing, performance and resource management, and strategic direction of the team.
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring.
- Create and maintain development plans for each team member, including training, skills assessment, career planning, and goal planning.
- Manage personal growth objectives for the Team in conjunction with Career Development Office.
- Assign or develop and implement project plans to successfully meet objectives.
- Manage, develop and mentor subordinates toward the building of a strong team.
- Mentor team members in incident and problem resolution best practices
- Apply resourceful and decisive decision making to achieve goals.
- Manage activities in support of a 24×7 global model.
- Lead lifecycle management efforts.
- Monitor the database environment to identify and recommend alternatives/enhancements.
- Consult with end users and developers to recommend the most appropriate database solution.
- Assist application development with database design considerations.
- Assist in performance tuning and monitoring of all system tiers.
- Coordinate and assist with disaster planning/mitigation/recovery.
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies, and their relevance and impact.
- Provide escalation support for critical database problems and issues.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy..
- Minimal travel as required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience required.
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years IT experience.
- Supervisory or team responsibility experience preferred.
- 5+ years experience in the entire Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications (EBS) environment.
- Experience with implementing and supporting Oracle Data Guard, Oracle RAC, and ASM.
- Extensive experience in EBS implementation or support, in-depth knowledge of different phases of EBS implementation lifecycle.
- Experience with Installation/Upgrade/Patching with eBusiness Suite and Databases.
- Strong technical expertise and functional exposure to Oracle eBusiness Suite (R12.2/12.1/11i).
- Experience with DataGuard running on Linux is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle Demantra and Advanced Supply Chain Planning is a plus.
- Strong expertise in Oracle Database and EBS Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux platform.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced database administration and management techniques.
- Extensive experience in working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- Experience in developing documentation, white papers and presentations to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Exposure to Oracle OBIEE, Informatica, SSO, OIM, ODI, WebLogic server is a plus.
- Exposure to other RDBMS systems such as MySQL and SQL*Server would be a plus.
- Proven leadership, strong decision-making, and team management skills preferred
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
How to ApplyClick to Apply
38 total views, 1 today