Full-Time Manual Boring Mill Machinist
A manufacturing company is seeking a Manual Boring Mill Machinist for a full-time opportunity. This position starts out on first shift and then will move to third shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine parts of varying difficulty
- Use part drawings, routers, material specifications, and customer data to determine operation sequence, tooling, feeds, speeds, and measuring gages
- Build a new set-up from basic fixture elements for each job
- Utilize an index table to allow machining from multiple positions
- Perform face, slot, and side milling, boring, drilling, tapping, and reaming to close tolerances
- Study job order, blueprint, process sheet, or sketches to determine machine operations, sequence of operations, dimension, tolerances, tooling requirements, and feed and speed rates
- Build required tool/tool holder combinations and mount them in the spindle
- Use overhead crane for lifting heavy items
- Mount workpiece on table and build a new setup for each job, establish part alignment and datums, and check work piece to ensure correct position
- Perform machining process and control the machine and tool position
- Monitor tool cutting performance and wear
- Verify dimensions of machined workpiece
- Operate bench grinder to sharpen tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum 5 years Manual Boring Milling Machine experience
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, job orders, process sheets, or sketches
- Previous overhead crane experience is needed
- Must be able to determine operation sequence, tooling, feeds, speeds, and measuring gages
- Must be able to use edge and center finder, dial indicator, and digital readout
- Must have the ability to monitor tool cutting wear and replace inserts, drills, taps, etc.
- Must be able to read micrometers, bore gauges, Vernier calipers and dial indicators
- Must be able to work within a tolerance of .0005 inch
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers an excellent benefit package upon permanent hire.
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, please call 216-348-6311 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
132 total views, 4 today